- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado - School of Medicine
Advance Practice Provider(Neuromuscular Section)
Department of Neurology
Job Title: Instructor
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Department of Neurology has an ongoing need for AdvancedPractice Providers (Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants) with strongvalues and unique skills for several of our specialties.
This position will provide both acute and chronicdirect outpatient care to Neurologic patients. Successful candidates will have a proven record of accomplishment insupporting the needs of patients, developing differential diagnoses, andprescribing treatments in collaboration with leading specialty providers. Weare seeking individuals who are collaborative, communicative, proactive, caring,detail-oriented, organized, able to think critically, focused on quality, and dedicatedto personal growth.
The position is locatedat the Anschutz Medical Campus. Hours willvary depending on clinical schedules and department/hospital needs. We are the premier research universityin Colorado, serving more than 30,000 undergraduate, graduate and healthprofessions students in Denver, Aurora and online and awarding nearly 4,000degrees each year. The renownedresearchers and award-winning faculty offer more than 100-degree programsthrough 13 colleges and schools. In 2008, the University was awarded more than$371 million in research grants and contracts. The Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5 million square feet of research,educational and clinical space on 227 acres.
This APP willwork in the in the Neuro-muscular section within the Department of Neurology, whichconsists of five providers, one other APP, and one fellow. The Neuro-muscularAPP will primarily support outpatient clinics and improving patient access andengaging in a large number of follow-ups. This position will engage withcolleagues across the Department of Neurology, University of ColoradoHospitals, Children’s Hospital of Colorado, and external constituents.
Examples of Work Performed
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to the following:
- Screen,evaluate, diagnose, manage medications, and provide disease counseling
- Acute and chronic outpatient care of patients with neurological disease including symptomatic therapy, disease-modifying therapy, and health maintenance care
- Serves as first contact for clinician level patientcommunications
- Engagesin collaborative team-based care to makeinformed decisions for patient care
- Supportand engage in continual learning and development among nursing staff, physician assistants,pharmacy staff, medical students, and neurology residents
- Periodiceducational presentation of lectures to patients and others
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | AnschutzMedical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse studentbody, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote aculture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. Weencourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilitiesand all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity andequality in education and employment.
*Travel to and from interviews is at the expense of the applicant
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Degree
- License to practice in Colorado or ability to obtain a license to practice in Colorado
- Experience and desire to work with patients with chronic, and sometimes severe illness
- Significant experience working with neurological patients and/or experience in management of chronic diseases in a subspecialty environment
- Background in neuroscience
- Experience working in a primary care medicine setting
- Experience completing documentation and performing tasks routinely assigned in hospital settings using hospital record systems (e.g., Epic and Oncore)
- Knowledge of University of Colorado Health Hospitals
Knowledge,Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently and within diverse team structures
- Being respectful of patient rights and putting patient safety first,
- Building patient rapport
- A positive, motivated, engaged, and caring attitude
- Great attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work with colleagues and patients in a confidential and professional manner
- Follow best practices in research (ICH guidelines, GCP, FDA guidelines)
- Ability to work with colleagues across the Department of Neurology with an understanding of inclusion and diversity
- Good documentation practices
- Dedication to professional development and life-long learning
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and think quickly on your feet
- Experience with web-based tracking systems and Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 2, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing