- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cedar Falls
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $900 billion in assets and operations inover 40 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, livestock and specialty crops.
Writes and services cropinsurance policies for customers in designated states within the Federal CropInsurance Corporation guidelines.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Independently carries out all clearly defined servicing tasks.
- Maintain a resident and non-resident insurance license in all states inwhich agent does business and renews those licenses annually.Obtains required continuing education hoursto keep all licenses valid.
- Keeps up to date with the ever-changing Federal Crop InsuranceCorporation regulations, underwriting policies, and procedures.
- Writes and services cropinsurance policies for customers.Informand educate the customers on all policy procedures throughout the crop year.
- Work with insurance managers andrelationship management on assisting them with any crop insurance needs, such asacreage reporting, statement of insurance, claim information and assignments.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training. CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate Rabobank cultural practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Licensed Agent in assigned states in which crop insurance is sold andserviced.Computer skills arerequired.Ability to keep organized andprioritizes work tasks.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, orgovernmental regulations.Ability towrite reports and business correspondence.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions fromgroups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,commissions, proportions, percentages, and premiums.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructionsfurnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables instandardized situations.
- Associates Degree with 2-5 years related experience and licensed agent ORBachelor’s Degree with 0-2 years ofcrop insurance experience.Licensed agent.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularlyrequired to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand;walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; andreach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employeemust occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions. We Offer:
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
About the company