- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
L’Oreal USA is seeking an Integrated Communications Manager to join the US Designer Fragrances team. The ideal candidate will have a background developing integrated PR campaigns, building media and industry relationships and creating compelling editorial and social media content. This person should also have experience in hands-on special event planning and execution. The candidate must have a deep knowledge and passion for fashion and beauty and must be a great writer and communicator.
- Employ integrated PR strategy to build and sustain the designer fragrance brands’ images for external audiences in the US
- Promote the designer fragrance brands’ voices and aesthetics across traditional, digital and social media channels, ensuring all content is on-brand and deployed according to best practices
- Assist in the planning and execution of events and sponsorships as needed
- Manage influencer strategy and campaign execution
- Research and contact vendors to inquire about services and rates for activations
- Create proposals and recaps for activations and events
- Responsible for day-to-day PR planning and execution, including campaign development, media relations, pitching media, responding to media requests, and event organization and execution
- Build and develop relationships across the industry as well as internally with the other departments and global teams
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience specific to PR, influencer marketing and social media content/strategy in fragrance, fashion and/or beauty
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional experience executing PR and social media campaigns across social media platforms
- Established network in press, influencers, events, social media and beauty industry
- Knowledge of fragrance industry and competitor landscape strongly preferred
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Self-starter who is action-oriented with a positive “can do” attitude that thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work in a team and effectively interact with all departments
Competencies 1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
About the company
The L'Oréal Group is a French cosmetics and beauty company, headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine. It is the world's largest cosmetics company, and has a registered office in Paris. It has developed activities in the field of cosmetics, concentrating on hair colour, skin care, sun protection, make-up, perfumes and hair care, the company is active in the dermatology, toxicology, tissue engineering, and biopharmaceutical research fields and is the top nanotechnology patent-holder in the United States.