- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Government, Insurance
Company size: 5k-10k people
Company type: Public
continuous-integration, saas, cloud, web-services, .net
Want to use your expertise to connect to an IT career with a difference? As an integration specialist at WorkSafeBC, you’ll do just that. Using leading-edge technology, you’ll help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces – providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
Have you been involved in architecting and designing interfaces between hybrid and cloud-based systems? We’re looking for an integration specialist to participate in the integration work within DevOps pods and tribes to develop a solution design that aligns with organizational architecture standards. You have experience with support of integration platforms and can assist with the definition of integration solutions to support current and future business needs.
What you’ll do
As an integration specialist you will:
- Lead the integration work stream of DevOps and cloud teams in order to develop a solution design that is compliant with the architecture and standards of the organization
- Act as a core member of the DevOps team and key contributor and subject matter expert
- Provide operational support and sustainment of integration technologies
- Be a technical consultant in projects for the design, modification, and implementation of systems
- Participate in project reviews and production support reviews
- Identify areas where integration platforms could be used to enable IT movement to external IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS models
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Prioritize work to meet both short and long term goals and outcomes
- Communicate complex information clearly and concisely, to explain various business and technical information
- Think critically through complex problems to formulate practical solutions
- Analyze technology, industry, and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Create various technical architecture artifacts or technical documentation
Your experience and educational background:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) field
- A minimum of six years of related IT experience including integration platform support and maintenance
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Specialist knowledge of
- Web Service, Rest Services, and API architecture concepts and CA API gateway (or equivalent) technologies
- Identity federation concepts and technologies
- Designing, configuring, and documenting application monitoring for J2EE and .NET applications
- Working knowledge of
- Quality assurance concepts
- Software development methodologies
- Identity management technology and design principles
- Cloud platforms such as Saas, IaaS, or Paas
- Application middleware, integration strategies, new web technologies, and application component reuse
- General knowledge of
- Automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, and Terraform
- Supporting middleware/integration platforms
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.