- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Intelligent Systems Group is part of the Autonomy Division at Aurora Flight Sciences’ Research and Development Center in Cambridge, MA. The Intelligent Systems Group houses Aurora’s expertise in planning, estimation, and control of cutting-edge autonomous aircraft and multi-vehicle systems.
The Intelligent Systems Group Lead ensures the highest level of capability, consistency and quality in planning, estimation, and control engineering across Aurora. The Group Lead is responsible for maturing the company’s technical capabilities and methods (processes, tools, organization, etc.) in their area, and responsible for leading individual contributors to envision, develop, test, modify, and deliver practical solutions to technical problems.
Please visit www.aurora.aero for a selection of our R&D programs.
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- M.S. in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical/computer science engineering with an aerospace controls emphasis. A Ph.D.is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative environment with excellent English written and oral communications skills. The best measure of an effective manager is a high-performing team that consistently demonstrates esprit de corps. Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to positively motivate others are essential attributes.
- Ability to apply (1) trajectory, route, and mission planning algorithms. Focused expertise may be in either of these areas.
- Ability to oversee setup, utilization, and maintenance of simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments to develop, validate, and implement algorithms and software for real-time flight systems
- Knowledge of state of the art in optimization methods and model-based aircraft control.
- Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, multi-robot collaborative control and planning algorithms.
- Experience in image-processing, embedded systems, ROS, OMS, or FACE open-systems architectures.
- Experience with dynamic modeling of helicopter and/or fixed-wing dynamics, as well as stability and control analysis.
- Experience in aerial manipulation and/or conventional robotic manipulation.
- Strong C and C++ software development skills, especially in a Linux environment.
- Experience with test planning and execution.
- Strong skills in Simulink and Stateflow, especially auto-coding.
- Military and/or UAV experience.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.