- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Interim Office Manager
Location: Diversity and Inclusion
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5121
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) position anticipated to last through August 15, 2020
Provide high-level and confidential support to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (including Access Programs) and Title IX staff. Coordinate programmatic functions and perform varied administrative and financial tasks requiring a thorough knowledge of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Title IX policies, procedures, and operations; and support the goals and strategic priorities of the offices. Exercise initiative and independent judgment in managing the Chief Diversity Officer, Access Staff Coordinator/Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion, and Title IX Coordinator schedules and daily activities. Coordinates activities with other units of the University, and works with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Title IX staff to disseminate information to faculty, students, staff, and various publics served by the offices.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chief Diversity Officer in the implementation of the campus diversity strategic plan, including efforts to coordinate diversity efforts across the campus and produce annual diversity report.
- Works with Title IX coordinator in the day-to-day application of University of Puget Sound’s Campus Policy on Prohibiting Harassment & Sexual Misconduct and ensuring university compliance with relevant sexual misconduct and equal opportunity laws.
- Provides programmatic support for the Access Scholars Cohort, including administrative tasks, and assists with coordinating Access cohort gatherings and meetings.
- Provides support and coordination, including minutes for the Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) and respective sub-committees, and the Bias Hate Education Response Team.
- Assists with administrative tasks for Summer Academic Challenge (SAC) and Access programs, including communication with a wide variety of community partners.
- Maintains all records and documentation supporting broad range of programs lead by the Office.
- Provides high-level assistance to the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO), Deputy Title IX Coordinator, and Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion, maintaining multiple calendars, arranging travel and meetings, and maintaining other documents as requested.
- Monitors budgets and tracks expenses.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets, web pages, and brochures. Coordinates logistics and catering for department events.
- Interfaces with University departments, external agencies and general public in coordinating of administrative functions. Handles incoming phone calls, correspondence and emails.
- Processes and communicates sensitive information in a responsible manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other duties as needed.
Supervises the Office of Diversity and Inclusion student staff members, assigning and overseeing student projects.
Performs activities related to fiscal management, procurement, supply services, etc. This includes tracking operations expenditures, maintaining and monitoring several operating budgets, preparing budget variance reports, preparing expense reports, and reconciling multiple P-card statements each month.
Bachelor’s degree with some experience in higher education or related field. Combinations of administrative and programmatic experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience will be considered.Must possess strong cultural competence skills to effectively communicate with diverse communities.Must be a ‘people person’ and demonstrate a strong customer service orientation with outstanding communication skills.Should enjoy working with students ranging in age from middle school through college.Must have strong written, interpersonal, and intercultural skills. Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changeMust demonstrate proficiency in using technology and on-line network tools to streamline and innovate work productsMust be proficient in Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, and Power Point. Must have the ability to work as a team member and work independently with follow-through and accountability.Must pay strong attention to detail and seek out and utilize feedback.Ability to appropriately handle confidential information and sensitive situations.Position requires the ability and flexibility to work some weekends and late evenings.Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than November 13, 2019 to ensure consideration.
ResumeLetter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;