- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
Alcon Vision Care conducts several clinical trials that support product development prior to registration trials. Each of these clinical studies assess key safety and/or effectiveness endpoints and provides key input to lens design. The support from an intern will allow development and conduct of early clinical trials and additional support to the clinical project leads. It would also serve to build experience and inspire future ODs to consider corporate career in VC clinical development.
The Summer Intern will support the development of Alcon sponsored clinical development studies on contact lenses and execution of these projects under the guidance of CDMA project lead. The Intern will learn the corporate guidelines to conduct early clinical trials that will ultimately allow product registration for commercial use.
• Review Alcon Clinical study guidelines and SOPs
• Work with the project lead to understand study objective, design and endpoints
• Create study documents for early feasibility trials, development trials and work with the clinical trial operations on study execution
• Learn how to interpret study results under the guidance of project lead
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Current Masters student enrolled in accredited university; Field of study be in Biomedical Engineering, Optometry or related field
• Strong clinical research and medical/scientific writing skills
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• No previous work experience required; previous internship experience a plus
Business Unit NON-NVS AL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Site Johns Creek, GA
Company/Legal Entity Alcon Research, LLC.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Temporary
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.