- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Intern – Global Supply Chain will be responsible for supporting Alcon Global Supply leaders and projects within areas of Sales & Operations Planning, Transportation and Distribution while proactive partnering with key stakeholders within the Manufacturing and Commercial organizations.
• Assist in collection and analysis of relevant data pertaining to supply chain lead-times, demand – supply variability
• Make recommendations on optimal planning parameter to set target safety-stock levels and reorders points
• Work closely with Global Teams and Affiliates, Manufacturing planning teams and intercompany Supply Chain organizations in designing business processes to optimize the availability and reliability of planning parameters information in various systems.
• Alcon’s program provides real-world work experience to university students.
• Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week during the length of their internship, unless otherwise specified by their manager.
• In addition to work assignments and projects, Alcon also provides the students career development and networking opportunities throughout the duration of the summer internship program.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college at the time of internship or co-op term; field of study in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations or related field
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• No previous work experience required Supply chain related knowledge is preferred
• Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer and then 20 hours per week during the school semester thereafter
Business Unit NON-NVS AL MFG/TECH OPERATIONS
Site Fort Worth, TX
Company/Legal Entity Alcon Vision, LLC.
Functional Area Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Temporary
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.