- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
INTERNAL AUDITOR - FINANCE & COMPLIANCE
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the international leader in logistics, transportation, supply chain logistics, and parcel delivery. We actively seek candidates with exceptional academic credentials, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, international environment, willingness and ability to move between departments as a means of increasing their skill set and knowledge base, and with the necessary leadership attributes to make an important and immediate corporate impact.
The DPDHL Group Corporate Audit Department currently has an opening for a highly motivated professional interested in an Internal Auditor Finance & Compliance role at the Regional Audit Office for the Americas. The Internal Auditor Finance & Compliance will conduct qualified audits and advisory services of Financial Statements and Compliance topics related to the DHL Express, DHL Global Freight Forwarding, DHL Supply Chain, and the DHL Post - eCommerce - Parcel divisions, as well as the Global Business Services functions. He/she will assist the audit lead and the audit manager through the preparation, execution, and reporting phase of audit assignments. This role reports to the Regional Internal Audit Manager, Compliance & Finance Audits Americas and will be based out of the DPDHL Corporate Internal Audit Regional Office in Plantation, FL. In addition, the auditor will review aspects of the group’s divisional operations and other relevant processes which were highlighted in our annual risk assessment; as well as provide and make value added recommendations to management. This includes verifying the accuracy of records and compliance with company’s policies and procedures to ensure internal controls are adequate to protect DPDHL Group against misuse of resources, fraud, and other relevant risks. He/she will evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness of controls related to operational processes, compliance with procedures, applicable laws, government regulations, and recommend improvements as applicable.
· Participate as team member for complex audit assignments, mainly in the areas of finance related processes, accounting, tax, controlling, and/or corporate finance, as well as compliance areas.
· Obtain understanding of assigned complex areas (processes, departments, accounts) in order to answer any question regarding audit work performed.
· Perform risk-based audit testing, root cause analysis, and prepare audit work-papers as per DPDHL Group Corporate Internal Audit department's methodology and IIA standards.
· Draft high quality audit findings tailored to specific needs of the engagement in a timely manner.
· Discuss and present draft findings to relevant local management during audits.
· On an ad-hoc basis, supervise engagements assigned by manager for complex audit assignments.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of principles, programs and tools for the audit areas within Finance and Compliance.
· Execute special projects and process improvements on ad-hoc basis.
· Maintain a high quality standard for execution of audits and documentation, in line with the DPDHL Group Corporate Internal Audit Methodology.
· BS/BA in related discipline and 2-5 years, or MS/MA and 1-3 years experience in related field.
· Two to five years audit experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) or within the internal audit function of a multinational company with solid knowledge of IIA Standards and COSO framework.
· Solid and proven knowledge base of IFRS, Taxes, Controlling, and/or Corporate Finance matters.
· Ability to think analytically and grasp complex structures; conceptual skills, applying critical thinking.
· Team player; high degree of integrity, high initiative, professional judgment, and collaboration.
· Skillful in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and ability to learn proprietary software.
· Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment; personal responsibility & accountability.
· Capacity to consistently perform high quality work independently with limited supervision.
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.