- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you ready for a massive professional challenge?
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Finance skills? Are you looking for a finance role experience that isn't like any other company? We have a team looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Internal Audit team is devoted to ensuring that risk management and control processes are running as smoothly as possible. As we navigate the uncharted waters of local e-commerce, we continue to form new iterations of how we operate as a business. By joining our team, you’ll provide assurance to management on whether significant risks are being properly identified and controls are operating effectively. The position will primarily focus on process and controls testing, as well as providing best practices and remediation recommendations to management.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have the resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following
- You will execute audit programs integrating multiple frameworks including Sarbanes Oxley, compliance and operations.
- You will create documentation to support process flows and narratives
- You will report audit findings and discuss remediation plans with management
- You will facilitate interaction with and provide assistance to external audit team
- You will manage multiple time-sensitive, high-risk projects while meeting prescribed deadlines
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years of internal or external auditing experience
- Understanding of risks, controls, and internal audit practices
- You are analytical when it comes to problem solving, but know how to build strong relationships in order to get things done
- You’re nimble in a rapidly-changing environment and thrive in ambiguity
- International travel may be required; approximately 5% - 10%
- Bonus points awards if you have CPA, CIA and/or CFE certification
- Public Accounting or consulting experience is also a plus
- We would love if you have experience with data analysis software such as IDEA, ACL, etc.
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally