- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Production Interventions Engineer is accountable for leading all activities, HSSE, operations, and logistics at the well site for all related workover and intervention activities with the goal of meeting or exceeding performance metrics. The Production Interventions Engineer is the BPX representative, leading Contractor Personnel ensuring well work, are carried out in a safe, environmentally responsible, cost efficient manner compliant with BPX procedures and policies and all local government regulations. The WSL will be responsible for interfacing with business unit management and engineering on a routine basis, and will participate in weekly discussing post well work review and rig schedule. The role is a core safety critical role due to the impact of the decisions they make on operations.
The Production Interventions Engineer establishes the leadership culture—setting priorities and ensuring they are agreed to and understood on site, daily meetings and pre-job meetings.
- BP’s lead representative on a well site, primarily leading a team of contract workers, assuring procedural discipline is followed.
- Accountable for managing daily operations planning, assuring the plan is fully understood, and communication with all contractors and BPX personnel on site.
- Participation in the design of the well work process and procedure
- Participation in the well work lookback and root cause failure analysis reviews, ensuring learnings are applied to future jobs
- Management and control of operational costs. Actively pursue cost saving and innovative solutions for well work operations.
- Ensures site safety and environment management systems are implemented as designed and per BPX’s governing operations procedures
- Responsible for risk assessments, safety verifications, and overall safety of the job, and stopping the job whenever there is a deviation
- Responsible for accurately reporting in our source of record job comments, steps, and costs daily.
- Accountable for ensuring all parties involved in the job are clear on job steps and expectations.
Bachelors of Engineering Required
At least 3 years of well site experience.
- Experience with slickline, coil-tubing and pulling units.
- Experience with working within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be knowledgeable and committed to safety.
- Well control certification is required.
- Demonstrated planning skills and strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
Seeking high initiative person comfortable working autonomously
- Possesses perceptive leadership and well-developed mentoring skills
- Aptitude to translate complex technical specifications into effective analysis or reports
- Foster an environment of safety first operations
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker; who actively seeks opportunities and solutions
- Demonstrated use of IMPACT principles:
I - Innovated: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value.
M - Motivated: Overcomes obstacles with an intense desire to succeed.
P - Performance Driven: Makes value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives.
A - Accountable: Takes responsibility and ownership of business performance.
C - Collaborative: Shares knowledge and works together for the good of L48.
T - Trustworthy: Keeps commitments, listens to others and authentically supports change necessary to achieve our Path to Premier.
About the company
The world has an ever-increasing demand for energy, and BP discovers, develops and delivers oil and gas across the globe. We’re capturing existing sources while enhancing the potential of renewable and alternative energy. How? By making the most of our world-class assets and investing in new technologies. Above all, though, by recruiting, developing and rewarding talented people. People like you.
Specialties: Upstream – Oil & Gas Exploration & Production, Subsurface, Wells Subsea, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Civil, Drilling,, Completion & Intervention Engineers, Geoscientists, Professionals in Finance, Business Development, Procurement, Communications etc.