- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- FT WORTH US
Location: Flight Training Academy (DFW-FTRN)
Additional Locations: None
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers.At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Investigating team within the Integrated Operations Division. This position will be responsible for providing analysis of operational flight data as well as producing reports and presentations for the Flight Operation Quality Assurance (FOQA) Program.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Conducts daily work flow processes for the FOQA program
- Assesses events and trends, identifies operational hazards, and validates corrective actions
- Develops new data analysis products and methodologies for data mining
- Coordinates with the Flight Department for data analysis needs
- Coordinates regularly with Allied Pilot Association (APA) FOQA gatekeepers
- Coordinates with Tech Ops Department regarding support of the FOQA program
About the Job (Continued)
- Creates flight animations of actual events for use in operational departments
- Assists with accident and incident investigations
- Participates in FOQA Monitoring Team meetings
- Participates and contributes to the American Airlines SMS process
- Develops, prepares and presents analysis of flight data
- Represents American Airlines at industry FOQA related meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years related job experience
- Experience working with data mining tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, Access, etc.
- Experience performing data analysis and building various related reports in MS Office products
- Knowledge of aeronautical theory and aviation operations as applied to commercial aircraft
- Proficient using MS Office software
- Must fulfill background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with changing deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics
- Basic Programming knowledge/experience
- Master's degree in related field
- Previous experience within a FOQA program
- Familiarity with GE Aviation flight data software (previously Austin Digital)
- Experience using CEFA animation software
- Private pilot license or higher
- Experience at an air carrier
Additional Locations: None