- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $45,000.00 - $70,000.00 gross per year
LSU Health Shreveport
IT Analyst III (Server and Applications)- Computer Services
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants can check the status of their application at any time by selecting the 'Application Status' link after logging into their account.Below are the most common status messages and their meanings.
Application received- Your application has been submitted successfully.
Evaluating experience- Your application is being reviewed by Human Resources to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Eligible for consideration- You are among a group of applicants who MAY be selected for the position.
Referred to hiring manager for review- Your application has been delivered to the hiring manager.You may or may not be called for an interview.
Position filled- Someone has been selected for the position.
Position canceled- The agency has decided not to fill the position.
Applicant must meet one of the following technical skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' relevant experience with technical skills noted below.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science OR an equivalent combination of education and 4 years' experience in a similar role with technical skills noted below.
- Technical skills required: Extensive working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, and software (including file servers, storage area networks (SAN), virtualization, routers, switches, gateways, printers, UPS devices), and network communication protocols including TCP/IP.
- Microsoft Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Knowledge of ITIL or process improvement techniques.
- Experience with Active Directory, System Configuration Manager, Windows PowerShell, IIS, Exchange, Endpoint Virus Protection, VMWare, or SharePoint.
- Experience with higher education or healthcare systems.
- Ability to work effectively with all types of people at all levels.
- VMware Certified such as:VCP6-DCV or VCAP6-DCA.
The IT Analyst 3 reports to the Server Manager for Servers and Applications and supports application development and database administration for LSUHSC-S. The incumbent works with the Server Manager and team to install, administer, and optimize LSUHSC-S servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of virtualization hosts, configuring all new implementations, and implementing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. Additionally, the position provides support for disaster recovery, business continuity planning, and emergency preparedness of IT resources. The position is responsible for assisting in supporting all LSUHSC-Shreveport critical server and application functions including but not limited to Active Directory, email, account management, SQL servers, web servers, and research applications. Incumbent conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives and maintains current working knowledge of all installed application systems.