- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
You will directly with our IT Organization and business groups to help drive improvement initiatives. You'll have an opportunity to partner with our HR and Legal teams and come to an understanding of their business needs!
We'll look to you to provide deep understanding of IT and business operations, policies and procedures. This will include gathering requirements from the business and focus a little on legal requirements and compliance issues.
We want to see strong customer service skills and be comfortable interacting outside the IT department with our business. Showcase your business acumen, professional maturity, and patience. Critical thinking and managing initiatives is required. Help us drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their objectives.
Attractions of the Job:
You will dedicatedly communicate and collaborate with our customers to analyze business needs and functional requirements. Be critical and evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying business needs. Develop excellent knowledge of internal business processes and understand the business implications of IT.
What else will you do?
- Own and manage the relationship with assigned business units (30% of time)
- Provide advanced knowledge of business processes, industry standards and standard methodologies
- Drive the business to identify and execute on opportunities to positively impact global business results
- Facilitates and coordinates global communication of IT Strategy to the business and Business Strategy to IT business partners
- Partners with our business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements (35% of time)
- Lead requests with the business, meet or exceed IT Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develop solutions to difficult, complex problems
- Partners with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing (20% of time)
- Assist in driving internal team process change (10% of time)
- Assist in development of new process documentation
- Facilitate training for new processes
- Provide alignment to process changes
- Mentor and develop junior level analysts (5% of time)
- Give guidance to staff
- Developing plans to assist in achieving specific agreed upon objectives
Note: The percentages of time noted above are current estimates and may change at any time depending on the business needs of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Ability to build compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functions
- Extraordinary written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly solve problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with system analysts, developers, and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills, must be able to drive groups to decisions
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team
- Advanced knowledge of the end-to-end business processes in the functions assigned
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis best practices including documentation requirements for large bodies of work
- Hold a BS/BA or equivalent work experience in IT related field
- Bring 5+ years working experience as a business analyst or equivalent
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
About the company
F5 provides strategic points of control throughout the IT infrastructure, enabling organizations to scale, adapt, and align with changing business demands