- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Mobility, xR & Innovation team is seeking a Lead Mobile Developer in our Tukwila or Seattle, WA location. The ideal candidate will have experience designing loosely coupled, modular, plug-in architecture and scalable solutions.
- Designs, programs, tests, implements, documents and maintains computing applications
- Gathers and evaluates end user requirements
- Writes and compiles code and constructs database objects based on documented design and analyzes information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements
- Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality
- Identifies and resolves programming or application architecture problems
- Reviews system performance and identifies and recommends improvements.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or greater (A Technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific, or information technology field of study)
- 3+ years of experience in Mobile Application Development
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience designing loosely coupled, modular, plugin architecture and scalable solutions with setting SDK development guidelines, patterns and best practices.
- Strong experience with either Android or iOS applications:
- For Android: Experience in Java and the JDK and Android Developers kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization and Security.
- For iOS: Expert knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with XCode and other associated tools
- Prior experience building scalable platforms
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate across disparate systems and mobile technologies
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing mobile software systems using industry standard environments including iOS/Android/Xamarin/React Native
- Experience in developing reusable artifacts/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, TDD
- Experience working with international teams outside standard operating hours
- Knowledge and Experience with embedded programming and technologies - wearables, sensor and beacon technology – BLE, Beacons, NFC,
- Understanding of MDM, Headless apps
- Experience with mobile & IoT device analytics - PowerBI embeds, Tableau embeds
- Expertise in native iOS, native Android, ReactNative, Xamarin and other mobile frameworks/accelerators
- Experience working with Agile Software Methodologies
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+2 years' related work experience, Master+4 years' related work experience,8 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.