- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleIT Operations Analyst - JourneyWorking TitleIT Operations AnalystPosition Number00051664Vacancy IDP011063Budgeted Hiring Range$44,000 - $65,000Pay Band InformationTo learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.
Salary Grade EquivalentIT02Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work ScheduleMonday – Friday 8AM – 5PM
Evening and night work occasionally,
Department Name and NumberAth IT Support-270500Date First Posted11/01/2019Closing Date11/13/2019Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryAthletics Position Summary Information
Department DescriptionThe Department of Athletics exists to provide educational and athletic opportunities to men and women and to serve the interests of the University by complimenting and enhancing its diversity and quality of life. Through its athletic programs, the University seeks to unite alumni, faculty administration, and students in a common and shared experience. The purpose of Athletics is to provide an environment for student-athletes to learn, advance and excel both academically and athletically. This unit is a highly visible public relations arm of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with statewide and national recognition. As such, it is an extremely important recruiting tool, not just for student-athletes, but for students from all walks of life.
Equal Opportunity EmployerThe University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Position DescriptionThis position provides system administration and management of over 30 virtual and physical servers for the Dept of Athletics. Maintains, updates, and improves all existing hosting services infrastructure and works directly with campus central IT services. Qualified employee understands Windows server OS, Active Directory, Group policy, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, and IT Security. Supports video and surveillance systems.
Provides excellent customer service and maintains high levels of technical and troubleshooting skills. Rely primarily on direct knowledge and appropriate reference materials to resolve customer problems. Courteous and professional interaction with customers and colleagues is critical in providing a consistent level of technical and non-technical support to customers. Works independently without close supervision, demonstrates attention to details, work in a team environment, and executes excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education and Experience RequirementsBachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, computer science engineering or a closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or a Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in operations/systems work or closely related area; or an
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in operations/systems work or closely related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one year of education or experience.
- Advanced level requires an additional two years of education or experience
Essential Skills, Knowledge and AbilitiesExperience with Windows Server OS, and Active Directory.
Ability to collaborate effectively with a team
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to customers and colleagues.
Understand complex IT environments and dependencies – operating system management, networking knowledge, hardware patching, software patching
Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
Preferred QualificationsPrior experience in a higher education IT environment. Prefer experience working in an academic and school-related athletic setting.
Experience supporting and managing video and surveillance systems, experience supporting event ticketing systems and student computer lab systems, especially VDI based systems.
Experience with VMware or HyperV.
Prior experience in a 300+ user IT environment.
Required Licenses/CertificationsValid NC Driver’s License
Special Physical and Mental RequirementsMust be able to move 40 lbs. (printers, computers, and office materials).
Position/Schedule RequirementsEvening work occasionally, Night work occasionally, Valid NC Driver’s License, Weekend work occasionallyPosition AttributesStimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/170952 Contact Information
Office of Human Resources Contact InformationIf you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Operations and Systems Analyst position.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science Engineering or a closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in operations/systems work or closely related area.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in operations/systems work or closely related area.
- A combination of post high school education and related experience to equal five years.
- None of the above.
- Do you have experience with Active Directory and AD OU management? (Open Ended Question)
- Describe the Operating Systems you have supported, and in what capacity. (Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience supporting all network devices: workstations, printers, remote storage, cloud-based services, and networked peripherals?
- Describe your experience with Microsoft Ooffice 365, Outlook and OneDrive (Open Ended Question)
- Describe your experience with information security. (Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience with IT resource organization (i.e., inventory management, resource allocation and planning, etc.)?