- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Eden Prairie
Optum’s Commercial Cloud Engineering team develops services, controls, and reusable patterns that enable Optum product teams to deliver value safely, quickly, and sustainably in the public cloud. This critical work ultimately helps people live healthier lives and makes the health system work better for everyone.
In this position, you will work as a lead across multiple teams of engineers to enable business value while collaborating with product owners in an iterative Agile process. Your work will be leveraged by thousands of Optum and UnitedHealth Group engineers in their journey towards public cloud maturity.
- Develop services, controls, and patterns for public cloud that enable security and privacy at scale
- Lead engineers in making sound, sustainable, practical technical decisions
- Help define technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output
- Gather and analyze data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates
- Interact skillfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise
- Work with stakeholders from across the organization to solve problems and build solutions
- Mentor and develop engineers to strengthen and broaden their skillsets and capabilities
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience building and deploying applications to the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) using cloud-native services
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise with modern programming languages, systems, and architectures
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Golang, Python, or similar languages
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Knowledge of software security practices
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.