- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
IT - Principal Network Engineer - Network Security
Are you interested in working for a global leader in logistics who employs more than 480,000 culturally diverse team members across 220 countries? If so, we are the employer for you!
DHL is looking to add a Principal Network Engineer to its Infrastructure team in Mechanicsburg, PA. This technical leadership position is primarily responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing DHL’s enterprise data network infrastructure to ensure that performance and reliability meets and exceeds the requirements of the business. The successful candidate for this position will be a motivated self-starter and leader that interact well with IT team members and professionally with internal and external customers. In this position you will be working with leading edge network security technologies. Additionally:
Day to day responsibilities:
· Support Secure Access Engineering department in the delivery of properly engineered network connectivity solutions between DPDHL and 3rd parties
· Provide project support, technical consultancy and actual implementation of network connectivity solutions into the existing infrastructure
· Gather customer requests and manage end-to-end delivery of the solution
· Provide secure network connectivity solutions using firewalls, forward and reverse proxies, IPSEC VPN, application delivery controllers etc.
· Provide troubleshooting and support for intranet/internet telecommunication services and liaising with stakeholders to ensure services are delivered within SLAs
· Ensure all solutions implemented follow the agreed standards.
Must have skills:
· 5+ years of experience in the field of Network Security
· Very good knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP(S), FTP, DNS Protocols
· Very good knowledge of Network Security technologies such as Firewalls (preferably Check Point, Fortinet), F5 BIG-IP, Network Intrusion Prevention Systems, Remote Access VPNs and Web Proxy
· Knowledge of Linux operating system
· Ability to work independently and under time and workload pressure
· Excellent communication, prioritization and organization skills
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With 480,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
As the Logistics Company for the World, we connect people and improve lives. We don’t just deliver parcels and packages. DHL powers prosperity in every corner of the world. We adopt green technology at every opportunity, from the back office to the loading dock. Our people are active in community service and we enthusiastically promote team diversity.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
Division V6, Finance, Global Business Services
Business Unit IT Services Americas
Location Mechanicsburg, PA
Job Type IT
Career Level Senior Professionals
Reports to Manager
Target Hire Date 8/26/2018
Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Working Hours 8am - 5pm
Relocation Offered None
Work Permit Required No
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.