- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
This role is an SME level individual contributor role, acting as atechnical and thought leader on the Application Maintenance and Support (AMS) team which will be accountable for implementing and continually refreshing our strategic roadmap to align to MetLife’s goals. This role will work in a fast-paced, multitasking, dynamic environment working across cultures / time zones. The incumbent will have the opportunity to translate executive vision into organizational strategy, service levels and business objectives, advocating vision and building strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a clear passion for the topic by providing leadership, strategic direction and goals for evolving the integrated model across the AMS organization
- Build partnerships across the broader, global organization setting the tone for a culture of Quality within the team and with stakeholders
- Develop a roadmap balanced between vision and incremental delivery to inform a strategy defined for global adoption across a variety of frameworks, maturities, and models
- Focus on key strategic areas including, but not limited to: operational integration and improvement, test environment management, test data management, service virtualization, and analytics.
- Identify opportunities through research and analysis of relevant industry trends to enhance the effectiveness of strategies and tools to drive continuous process improvement and quality across the organization.
- Partner with engineering teams on tools and solutions that enable the strategy
- Partner with the broader team on software and service vendor assessments.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Excellent communication skills to discuss and present strategy to audiencesof varying experience and accountability across the broader organization – must exhibit high levels of business acumen with confident presence
- Proven experience as a change management leader
- Demonstrated experience navigating, influencing and leading within a highly-matrixed environment
- Strategic thinking with strong execution capabilities
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in DevOps and/or Agile delivery models
- 8+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
- 12+ years of systems development, software quality assurance and testing and/or business experience
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English/Japanese)
- PMI-ACP, SA, SDP, Lean certifications
- MBA or other advanced degree
Global Technology and Operations - Application Maintenance & Support
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.