- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
IT - Senior Infrastructure Delivery Specialist
Are you interested in working for a global leader in logistics who employs more than 480,000 culturally diverse team members across 220 countries? If so, we are the employer for you!
DHL is hiring a Senior Infrastructure Delivery Specialist to its Infrastructure Delivery team in Mechanicsburg, PA. This technical leadership position is primarily responsible for the implementation of new hosting services, build projects, infrastructure migrations and technology refresh projects. The successful candidate for this position will be a senior IT project manager with global experience supporting 10-15 releases concurrently and managing up to 40 matrixed staff. In this position you will:
Day to day responsibilities:
· Execute project management activities for large, major or complex Hosting or Infrastructure related projects, plan and schedule related Infrastructure Delivery Management activities.
· Coordinate infrastructure delivery for complex and large projects
· Assist customers in a friendly and efficient manner. Provide best in-class service.
· Manage change requests to production environment while minimizing impact to Production environment and IT infrastructure
· Manage internal projects focused on hardware infrastructure improvement with related activities such as project planning, resource planning and reporting. Follow ITS processes and procedures.
· Coordinate change requests to production environment, responsible for quality of documents and minimal adverse effect to business, coordination within Production Services.
· Obtain sign off of Operations Acceptance Testing (OAT) for managed projects to ensure environment released to production has been delivered according to ITS standards and is fully supportable by Production services Operations and Solution support departments
· Provide consultancy and guidance on infrastructure deliverables, infrastructure standards and related service management processes and procedures.
· Single point of contact for multiple specific projects on behalf of Production Services
· Understand the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other functions
· Understand the talent needs of the team and develop people who can meet those needs, act as mentor and consultant for junior team members
· Develop and implement solutions to problems. Ensure all solutions implemented follow the GWSS and ITS standards.
· Influence and persuade others to take a specific course of action
· Make decisions, prioritize, and check progress against targets. Break down course of action into smaller steps and planning and resourcing
· Provide risk and impact analysis and CAB approval of hardware infrastructure related requests for change in “Approval in Principal” or “Approval for Implementation”
· Review existing practices and procedures to identify areas for improvement and automation, suggest solutions and negotiate with all impacted parties to achieve successful implementation
Highly Preferred Skills:
· ITIL Foundation knowledge or Certification
· Experience with process implementation, review and optimization based on ITIL
· 4 years IS operations structure and processes, service management functions
· Prince 2 Certification (or PMP)
· University degree in computing/technical/math/science
· 8 years of IT experience with at least 4 years managing global releases and project management of complex technical and infrastructure changes
· Broad IT knowledge of technologies, HW infrastructure and trends within the IT industry
· Advanced in office applications
· Leadership capability to drive and motivate teams to meet project deliverables
· Strong analytical thinking
· Excellent communication skills
· Good time-management, organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task to achieve goals and deadlines
· University degree in management/technical area
· Risk management
· Focus to balance cost, performance and timescales for implementations and capacity trade-off
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With 480,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.