- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- DOWNTOWN, PORTLAND, OR, UNITED STATES
A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats for dining in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant Host/Hostess, you would be responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats for dining in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests and ascertain their dining needs
- Seat guests and manage the seating chart
- Monitor restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow
- Perform opening and closing duties, as needed
- Order-taking for In Room Dining and cashiering
- Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Ensure knowledge of menu
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships
What are we looking for?
- Prior food and beverage experience preferred
- Open availability to work varying days/shifts between the hours of 6:30am-11:30pm, including weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain a Food Handlers Card and OLCC Certification.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (Specific Standards Available)
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to answer and prioritize incoming phone calls on a multi-line system.
- Basic mathematical skills. Ability to operate a point-of-sale system
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with Guests.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!