- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Company Description Open Systems Technologies is a national provider of smart staffing solutions, providing contract staffing, permanent placements and executive searches in the following skill areas:
- Finance, Accounting, and Operations
- Government Services
- Global Services
Established in New York in 1990, Open Systems Technologies is one of the largest, privately held, staffing companies in the world. We have experienced organic growth over the past 25 years and currently employ over 1,500 consultants in 16 domestic and international markets. Through our brands of Open Systems, OST Financial, OST Legal, OST Government Services, and OST Global we strive for continued expansion and excellence in the staffing industry. With the Global Services division, starting Jan-2012, Open Systems has expanded into the ITO & BPO Projects/Solutions business.
Job Description The candidate must be a hands-on Java expert with experience working with large async-transactional systems. They must have proven experience developing webservices (ideally Apache CXF), working with JMS (ideally WebSphere MQ) and working with databases (ideally Sybase). They will need to have a fundamental understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and agile, test-driven development practices. The suitable candidate must be technically experienced, detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to work as part of a global team, possess excellent oral / written communication skills, and exhibit a keen interest in the business of Investment Banking.
1. Development of Service tiers for Deal Lifecycle Management and Order Management Application
2. Development of asynchronous message processing applications to integrate with up and downstream systems
3. Provide technical leadership in Java including architecture design, code reviews and mentoring of junior resources
4. Willingness to work on multiple projects across other UI technologies - Web / Html5
5. Engage with global team with various developers, Product Mgmt., QA and support personnel.
1. Experience in technical analysis and solution implementation in the financial services area.
2. Relevant, in-depth experience of application development experience using Java.
3. Experience in working with distributed asynchronous message processing with multi resource transaction
4. Knowledge and prior experience of developing in relational databases e.g. Sybase
5. Architecture & Attention to detail - should be able to convert functional requirements into detailed technical solutions.
6. Good communication skills and experience in working with Distributed teams
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Type: Contract
- Function: Information Technology
About the company