- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Compensation: $60k - 120k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Energy & Utilities
Company size: 5k-10k people
Company type: Private
java, soap, rest, python, html
The Software Engineer should have an understanding of Java programming, object oriented design process/principles, and strong analytical abilities. They will support projects across multiple business and technical functions specializing in Java development and be accountable for innovation and continuous improvement of applications. They are a self-motivated individual that will have responsibilities in designing, programming, testing, implementing, documenting and maintaining applications. They will also have service delivery responsibilities that involves managing the sustainment and optimization of Java based applications.
- Ability to gather and analyze internal application data needs by means of interviews and facilitated discussions with users.
- Ability to translate data needs into technical designs for development, testing and implementation
- Ability to identify and communicate risks and issues affecting business rules,functional requirements and specifications.
- Ability to develop Java applications.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between technical, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process
- Ability to design and develop solutions to resolve defects and production problems
- Ability to thoroughly Unit Test development code and solutions, and migrate code through testing environments
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and timely responses to production problems and business unit inquiries.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of any of the following: CSS, HTML, .NET, Python
- Sound knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Sound knowledge of SDLC Methodology