- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Blue Ash
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Line of Business:Enterprise Retail Systems
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
• Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems
• Experience in multiple areas of the SDLC cycle (design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting) considered a plus
• Experience with Performance monitoring tools (Dynatrace)
• Strong leadership and communication skills. Proven experience with facilitating technical discussions and influencing technical conclusions.
• Ability to lead product-related technical discussions and comfortably translate results both downward to developers and upward to leadership
• Experience with Agile/SAFe a plus.
The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance toSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates inthe application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developeralso communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. TheDeveloper strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect,honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the SupportCenter, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates. Mentor team members in softwaredevelopment principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- May direct the day-to-day work activities of other team members.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 7 or more years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Experience with Project planning.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 5 - 7 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with large size or highly complexprojects.
- Prior experience with project planning with large size or highly complex projects.
Jobs at Kroger:At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Blue Ash|| 11450 Grooms Road ||45242 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Kroger Technology ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.