- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s livesfor over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access,tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap thegreatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providinga culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what theyneed to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills,conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family orcommunity. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’reright there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the bestfuture they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is toback our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape theworld of software.
You’ll shape the worldof life, work and play.
Our Software Engineersnot only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersectswith the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight andnew perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal andfulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in acareer creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience ofmillions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up,you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, EnterprisePlatform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework forWinning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platformsolution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed tomarket, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutionson Enterprise platforms by harnessing the power of Integration, Data, MachineLearning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-sellingengines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K+ Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of Sever side APIs that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Works closely with other developers (within the team and outside the team), and product owners to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the Server side APIs
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with the complete software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineersthat delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Are you up for thechallenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 4+ years of software development experience on "some of below" if not all -
- Must have experience in REST APIs in Java / Node technologies
- Must have experience on Java Spring/ Spring-boot frameworks
- Must have experience and knowledge of asynchronous, messaging technologies like Apache KAFKA
- Experience and Knowledge on memory databases like MEMSQL
- Experience and knowledge of API security, oauth, versioning, resource models etc.
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven etc.) and deployments on Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Big Plus if has understanding and Experience on Big Data Technologies like - Spark, HIVE, HBASE, Hadoop ecosystem frameworks.
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Good understanding of Cloud native application development.
- Good Knowledge of the open-source ecosystem.
- Good understanding of Service mesh technologies like Istio & Envoy
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of SoftwareEngineering
Every member of our teammust be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership andbusiness core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with AmericanExpress in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorshipfor these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 10:39:08 AM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.