- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Java Platform Engineer
Bluprint is seeking a Java Platform Engineer to work on a large scale development effort by building technologies from the ground up! We're delivering our next generation of customer experience to millions of raving fans and we want you to be a part of it.
Design, develop and deploy daily against our RESTful, microservice based architecture and Content Management System using Java, PostgreSQL and reactive programming
Work with AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS/SNS, Lambda)
Utilize the HashiCorp stack (Vagrant, Packer, Terraform)
Tackle initiatives with cross-functional team members (UX, Product, Front End, DevOps)
Forecast approximate launch dates and communicate changes as they arise
Quickly acquire deep subject matter expertise and broad understanding of the business and architecture
3+ years full-time Java development
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to successfully complete projects
• Familiarity and experience with a variety of software development approaches (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
• Understanding of the concepts of distributed system design, REST-based service boundaries or message-based architectures
• Experience developing with AWS infrastructure and deployment (RDS, EC2)
• Experience with microservices architectures
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Agile delivery principles & supporting processes
• Eagerness to learn and adapt quickly
• Full stack engineering experience
Recently acquired by NBCUniversal, Bluprint features complementary and adjacent categories that champion self-expression, wellness, mindfulness, performance arts and more. Bluprint’s vast content library consists of more than 3,000 hours of original classes and produced entertainment series’ across new categories. Offering content, commerce and community with the convenience of a 24/7 delivery system, Bluprint boasts a thriving community of over 13 million members and delivers a premium experience with best-in-class instructors and like-minded creatives.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.