- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
The Software Engineer will primarily provide hands-on development for the engineering group at IOT, as well as performing software engineering in all phases of the software lifecycle.
Individuals interested in having an immediate and direct impact on the success of a growing organization should apply.
* Analyzing software, and system requirements and implementation
* Developing and testing code
* Identifying and resolving anomalies during test on various software and system-level platforms
* Identifying and implementing required software modifications
* Participating in technical reviews of software products
* Working with software development peers, subject matter experts, and wireless engineers
* Proving on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
* A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline (MS preferred)
* Minimum 4 years of software engineering experience
* Minimum 2+ years of Java programming experience
* Experience working with small teams in an agile development environment
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with SQL relational databases
* Practical experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
* Experience of working with remote workers in different time zones
* Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
* Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
* Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
* Self-motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
* Availability and capability to provide on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
* Strong communication and documentation skills
* Experience working in support environment as a lead and mentoring team members
* Flexible team-oriented attitude; able to adapt to changing requirements
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.