- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
You will be part of Webex Cloud Platform, shared features team. We provide the best collaboration platform experience to our world-class customers. You will work on state of the art micro services-based cloud software in a fast paced and Agile environment. You will be develop multi-threaded Java server side software and deploy with Docker-based micro services. You will develop software that utilize popular data management infrastructure like Apache Cassandra, Redis, and/or Apache Kafka in multi cloud environments. You will participate in the entire product life cycle, from requirement analysis, to architecture design, to code implementation, to functional and performance testing, and to deployment and support. You will work in a small scrum team of 3 to 6 engineers with Agile development practices.
Who You'll Work With
A group of experienced and talented Java server-side developers and cloud/web technology architects, internationally. The team consists of engineers/architects from a promising cloud-based start-up acquired by Cisco and seasoned engineers that worked in Cisco cloud software for years.
Who You Are
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires a unique blend of innovation, risk-taking and speed of execution
- Have more than 4 years of proven server-side software development in Java
- Are proficient in Linux system software development
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multi-threading programming
- Have experience with micro service development environment
- Have experience with Maven, GIT, CI/CD, containers, REST API, Agile development methodologies
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Must demonstrate strong communication and team collaboration skill
- BSCS/MSCS or equivalent is required
- Experience in Apache Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and/or Apache Kafka is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot highly desired
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.