- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Junior Business Analyst Associate-FIN000RX
An opportunity is available for a Business Analyst within the Enterprise Services & Systems (ESS) department in Finance. ESS is the primary owner of the Financial Systems Architecture (FSA), and supports finance functions across the Enterprise in designing, building, and maintaining the financial systems and processes required to produce timely and accurate financial and management reports.
As a Business Analyst Associate, you will hold a key position on the Chart of Accounts Team within the ESS Reporting, Analysis and Control unit. This team manages the company's Oracle General Ledger chart of accounts and reporting hierarchies and provides functional and configuration support for several key financial reporting applications. The Chart of Accounts, together with related reporting hierarchies, is the cornerstone of all external regulatory (GAAP, STAT, and Foreign), internal management/profitability and planning/forecasting financial reporting performed by the Enterprise. This position will provide you with exposure to a broad array of Prudential Financial’s businesses and major finance areas. You will serve on the front lines of the Enterprise’s growing and ever-changing financial reporting landscape.
• Review and analyze Oracle Chart of Accounts maintenance requests, following established standards and guidelines, including value ranging, naming conventions and compliance with other systems requirements.
• Partner with various business area finance teams, as well as other key constituents and the ESS Reporting Team, to create and/or modify value set hierarchies in support of new or revised financial reporting requirements. These can be generated by regulatory changes, company reorganization, internal management needs, global expansion, acquisitions and/or business sales and other divestitures.
• Participate in the operational processing of Chart Maintenance requests and execute various related control processes.
• Actively work with and support applications critical to the Chart and hierarchy maintenance process – Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) and Data Relationship Management (DRM).
• Serve on the team providing subject matter expertise on use of the Prudential Account Sign-off System (PASS).
• Support a variety of Oracle-related processes such as Cross-validation rules, Annual Housekeeping, and ancillary Maintenance requests (Journal Approval, Recurring Journal etc.)
• Participate in various ESS and Enterprise initiatives, providing additional opportunities to develop analytical skills and gain exposure to different Prudential business areas.
•Bachelors degree required; Information Systems, Finance, Business or similar is preferred.
• 0-3 years practical experience with business analysis, project/process management, financial reporting or other relevant analytical experience is a plus.
• Candidate must have solid analytical and problem-solving skill sets.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) is required.
• Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail, along with a true passion for quality and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments / projects and effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Desire and ability to learn quickly, as well as to work independently. Equally important is the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
• Client focused and results oriented work ethic is required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)