- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $35,000.00 - $39,999.00 gross per year
Title: Junior Video Producer
Company: Nerd Street Gamers
Location: NSG Headquarters
Reports to: Video Producer
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: Entry-Level; First-Time Official and Manager
Nerd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. The Junior Video Producer role will work closely with the NSG marketing and media teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Production, filming, writing and editing
- Creating daily marketing videos for Localhost and Nerd Street Gamers
- Esports Tournament Ads and Recaps
- Producing Documentaries
- Assisting with Sponsorship Video Fulfillment
- Conducting Interviews
- Creating Motion Graphics
- Provide creative support for all NSG entities including various Localhost locations
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree level in Marketing/Broadcast Production or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in videographer and/or creative support roles
- Working knowledge of Adobe Products such as After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Experience in esports and video games a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Adobe Products such as After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience filming on DSLR, Cine and other Video Cameras.
- Must have knowledge of lighting and white balance.
- Must have knowledge of audio equipment and sound editing.
- Have a great sense for storytelling.
- Have great organizational skills.
- Have the ability to travel when needed.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment: The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
· While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
· The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.