- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,200 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Service Manager is responsible for leading and assisting the technicians in the operation. The Service Manager also assists the Store Manager in the successful operation of the assigned location including but not limited to the planning and advising employees to attain the store’s financial goals, to maintain company standards and to develop an environment which is conducive to accomplishing corporate goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Service Manager provides direction and assistance to the Auto Technicians and General Service Technicians in the diagnosis, service and repair of vehicles.
- Distribute work to technicians in a fair manner. Make sure that the shop is being run efficiently.
- Share in the responsibility of the stores success or failures. Held accountable for store results on the Manager’s days off.
- Assists with scheduling employees and assigning work to technicians.
- Assists our guests, both in selling and with resolving problems.
- Work with technicians for maximum efficiency. Critique and assist with training technicians.
- Interview and assist in hiring Auto Technicians and General Service Technicians.
- Assists in decisions of hiring, training, coaching, disciplining and terminating employees.
- Review P.M.A.’s with technicians to verify that the recommended work is accurate.
- Ensures technicians accurately complete company documents (including time cards and other payroll documents).
- Opens and closes the location and responds to alarms when necessary.
- Assures quality guest service is provided.
- Ensures expense control through management of payroll dollars, telephone usage, store maintenance and repairs, supplies, utilities and other controllable expenses.
- Ensures housekeeping standards, recovery standards, safety standards and building maintenance standards are met.
- Oversee the unloading of trucks and be responsible for verifying the delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of automotive industry and new developments.
- Assumes additional responsibilities related to store as requested by Store Manager.
- 18 years of age and either a high school Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 or more years of experience with vehicle repairs.
- 1 or more ASE Certifications.
- State Inspection License preferred.
- 1 or more years of experience in managing technicians in a similar business preferred.
- Previous service and selling experience a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Own a set of tools and/or participate in company’s tool purchase program
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including 5 days a week, 45 hours a week including evenings and weekends. Additional time may be required depending on business needs.
- Ability to work past scheduled time to accommodate guests, clean or properly secure delivered inventory.
- Required to wear hard-toed oil resistant shoes, proper uniform, safety glasses while working.
- Ability to work with hands overhead and be able to stand for long periods; have and maintain State Inspector’s license, where applicable.
- Ability to communicate and write routine reports and correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer