- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- East Granby
Fulfilling a critical role in the Sales and Customer Service organization, the Key Account Manager's (KAM) overall mission is to serve as the primary point of contact between key external customers and the internal departments of MB Aerospace East Granby.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing customer needs for both commercial and military customer accounts (both OEM and MRO). The candidate who fills this position will have an opportunity to make a tangible impact on the growth of the business.
Strong technical aptitude, adaptability, and excellent communication skills will ensure success in this position.
This position sits in East Granby, CT and will report to the General Manager.
· Establish and nurture strong relationships with customers within assigned accounts through frequent contact
· Understand customer requirements, respond to customer inquiries, and serve as the voice of the customer to internal functional groups
· Communicate progress updates to customers on the status of their parts by gathering the required information from a variety of internal sources
· Contribute to the development of a site level strategy with the site GM and MBAe Group Sales & Commercial team
· Provide world-class customer service by interfacing with cross-functional teams to develop creative solutions, and proactively drive customer-related issues or concerns to resolution.
· Serve as the customer's key point of contact for managing all business processes through their lifecycle, from RFQs to order placement to shipment of finished goods.
· Plan and host customer teleconferences (regular and ad hoc), customer visits and program reviews.
· Must become familiar with MB Aerospace East Granby's product and part families.
· Participate in on-going continuous improvement (CI) activities.
· Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations Job Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering, Manufacturing or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment.
· Must be comfortable performing this role as an individual contributor
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
· A strong background in manufacturing and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required.
· Excellent communication skills are needed; both verbal and written.
· Must have experience in facilitating/leading meetings and project management.
· The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
· Exceptional data-driven, analytical skills are critical.
· An understanding of the use of lean tools/continuous improvement is preferred.
· Experience with Military/Government Contracts considered a plus.
· Must have a valid US Passport MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R.
- 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R.
- 774 ("Export Laws"). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
MB Aerospace is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
***No Thrird Party Vendors***
- customer service