- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Hot Springs County
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Laboratory Operations: Manages the daily operation of clinical laboratories to insure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations/laws and accreditation agencies. Typical responsibilities: adhering staff to stated goals, policies, standards, guidelines, quality control, quality assurance and procedures; manages development and coordinates implementation of departmental plans and activities; with direction from the Director of Laboratory and Blood Bank, creation of departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations/laws and accreditation agencies – 50% of time
Supervisor: Exercise full supervisory authority over subordinate staff within the department. Hires and trains subordinate staff and evaluate performance; plans, develops, implements, and evaluates clinical testing programs – 30% of time.
Lab Coordinator role, section leads, will direct report to the lab manager position. Materials Management: Coordinates and manages equipment maintenance schedules, materials management and ordering and materials management use tracking to ensure effective operations of the department – 10% of time Testing: Performs laboratory analysis of samples/specimens – 5% of time Consultation: Consults with other hospital and clinical professionals regarding laboratory testing standards, procedures, and services – 5% of time.
Required skills & experience (the 5 “must haves” to be considered)
1. Bachelors Degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, medical technology or related field
2. Requires 2-3 years of laboratory management experience in an acute care setting
3. Requires 5-10 years of clinical laboratory experience
4. Registered with a nationally accredited certifying agency (e.g. American College of Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technology, etc.)
5. Knowledge of the principles and practices of microbiology, biology, hematology, urinalysis and chemistry
About the company