- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleLaboratory Technician SeniorRequisition NumberRE21126Working TitleLab Tech Sr.Department Name7H400:Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular GenWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level40Salary Range$13.63-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationBS
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience1 yr
Physical RequirementsSitting for long periods of time, exposure to experimental animals, tissues, and supplies
ShiftMonday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (40hrs/wk), evenings and weekends as needed based on departmental needs.
Job SummaryThe Laboratory Technician Senior will maintain detailed knowledge of scientific concepts and procedures; data management and analysis. Lab maintenance will include performing literature searches, chemical and lab supply inventory; compliance with research policies and protocols; and animal handling.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceBachelor’s degree in science related field and one year experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/18/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Are you willing to work with animals?
- * Are you willing to work with cells and tissues from human subjects?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- human resources