- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description: Apprentice/Laborer
Perform tasks involving physical labor at the airport and heavy construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites. May assist other craft workers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outdoor Construction experience is required, great attitude and willingness to move up in rank.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/airport construction projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for striping and maintenance.
- Moving stencils, duct-taping to prepare for painting.
- Maintenance and protection of traffic.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Project Manager, Supervisor, Human Resources Manager, or Safety Director
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time. May be required to travel independently and have the ability to read and understand road maps.
- Must be knowledgeable and comply with Federal Motor Carrier regulations.
- Working around high-pressure water systems, and basic pneumatic troubleshooting skills.
Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. The noise level is generally loud. Generally, maybe a dangerous environment if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Requires good manual dexterity (hand, a hand with an arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination. Excellent stamina is required. Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object. Complete 360-degree awareness of surroundings to ensure safe working conditions.
Expected Hours of Work:
Must remain flexible. Day, night, and weekend may be required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
10-year background clearance.
Hi-Lite is an EEO Company. It is the policy of Hi-Lite to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford EEO to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hi-Lite complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Hi-Lite’s EEO policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Hi-Lite Airfield Services
Hi-Lite Airfield Services is a Global Leader in airfield pavement maintenance that is rapidly expanding and offers its employees opportunities for growth and career development.
About Hi-Lite Airfield Services:
Hi-Lite Airfield Services, LLC is a first class organization for someone interested in a career in airport markings and maintenance. Our personnel include people who have started work as laborers and risen to management status, as well as those who have had previous experience with similar firms in our industry.We offer a full range of benefits such as medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, 401 K match, paid training and other benefits.
About the company