- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: mowing, trimming, planting, watering, digging, raking, sod laying, and installation of trees, shrubs, foliage or flowers.
This is a full-time permanent year round opening to replace core group member.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties.
- Operate powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, blowers, edgers, weed eaters, and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Maintain and care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather or remove litter.
- Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses or watering cans.
- Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Rake, mulch and compost leaves.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Sweep walkways of debris.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
- All other duties assigned for landscape maintenance QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 months or more prior experience in landscape maintenance or installation.
- High school or higher level education preferred.
- Must be dependable and hard working.
- Able to work in ever changing weather conditions. Physical Demands
Grounds maintenance work is done outdoors in all kinds of weather. The work can be repetitive and physically demanding, requiring frequent bending, lifting, and shoveling. Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets. REQUIRED LICENSES/HOURS OF WORK
Valid Driver’s License State of Florida – Class E and clean MVR
Monday through Friday, start and end times vary depending on organizational needs. May be required to workadditional hoursduring peak maintenance season.
CHERRYLAKE, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR REQUIRE ADDITIONAL DUTIES AT ITS DISCRETION.
Drug Free Work Place, E-Verify & EOE
About the company