- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead AML SpecialistThe Lead AML Specialist is part of SVB's Financial Intelligence Unit, and is responsible for conducting anti-money laundering investigations of high complexity. The person in this role serves as a subject-matter expert for BSA/AML investigative processes. This position is at an intermediate professional level, and requires strong execution, communication, investigative, and analytical abilities. The person in this role will work with Corporate Compliance, KYC/EDD, Sanctions Operations, S3, and relationship teams, while working independently to drive individual and team deliverables.
• Conduct investigations of alerting transactions for suspicious activity, including thorough research and sound analysis. The ability to write, think critically, and make sound judgments independently is imperative.
• Receive and investigate internal referrals of unusual activity by branch personnel, teams within Financial Crimes Risk Management, and other areas of the bank.
• Conduct enhanced due diligence and investigations in response to legal process or grand jury subpoenas.
• Investigate and respond to 314(a) and 314(b) requests.
• Conduct holistic reviews of complex matters, and draft clear, concise Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and/or detailed closing memos.
• Apply project management and organization skills to a variety of tasks, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving skills. Prioritize and complete deliverables within a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain current industry awareness.
• 5 years of investigative experience
• CAMS or other relevant certifications preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent investigative, analytical, and problem resolution skills
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience with on-line research systems including the Internet
• Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent work experience preferred
• The candidate should be knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering compliance including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, and Currency Transaction Reporting requirements.
- ms project