- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Lead, Analytics Center of Excellence
Operations & Technology
The Lead, Analytics COE within the Analytics Center of Excellence team is the key contact responsible for managing and supporting the data visualization layer utilized by the Film Marketing Analytics business community. This resource will be responsible for the development and architecture of reports and dashboards.
Develop pixel-perfect interactive dashboards in Tableau / Power BI
Manage the prioritization and execution of enhancements and projects, including communication to key stakeholders and coordination of work effort within internal IT teams, and the business community
Gather reporting requirements from business stakeholders and convert them into technical solutions that give the users access to the data in a format that highlight actionable insights.
Build visualizations that tell a story, making the best use of the canvas and leverage intuitive layouts
Build and manage relationships with supporting IT teams within the matrixed organization in order to effectively deliver work products to production
Maintain and own the reporting environment’s administrative functions and employ optimizations techniques that enhance efficiency of the environment
Interact and coordinate with other teams to maintain a robust infrastructure that supports the reporting environment.
Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics
• Minimum 6 years of experience with SQL or other data discovery and analysis platforms in a capacity supporting day-to-day operations
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Tableau, with specific emphasis on dashboards
• Thorough understanding of ETL processes, Data Warehouse Schemas
• Working knowledge of Big Data systems, Cloud hosted BI systems
• Knowledge of Data Lake architectures a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to utilize technology to create innovative solutions
• Extensive experience gathering and documenting functional user requirements with a strong knowledge of structured IT analysis methodologies, including process flow definition and data flow diagramming
• Expert in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
• Experience within the media and entertainment industry a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to communicate technical and business concepts with leadership teams, technical developers, and end-users
• Creative and original thinker who is highly self-motivated and has the ability to learn new technologies with a desire to have hands-on experience and an understanding of the business value that it provides
• Experience with the broader Film Theatrical media industry with and understanding of the digital landscape as well as the drivers influencing the consumer behaviors
• Experience with business intelligence and analytic tools
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work on assigned development tasks with minimal oversight, leveraging team members and resources as necessary
• Ability to work with minimal oversight toward aggressive deadlines and in high pressure situations
• Ability to work collaboratively with remote teams across varying time zones
• Bachelor’s degree
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.