- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
Global Data & Analytics organization is the team of expert technologists responsible for building big data platforms and data services with innovative technologies to enable MetLife businesses to generate insights, and value to its customers. This team plays a central role in Design, Build & Integration of all emerging technologies and cutting edge products across MetLife Data Hub and Enterprise Data Management Systems.
TheLead Software Development Engineer - Emerging Platform Applied Engineering Leadswill contribute in platform designs, development aspects with focus on delivering end-to-end solutions and build reusable framework and utilities. The candidate should have prior hands-on experience with Big Data technologies and working knowledge on Big Data tools.
- Contribute to all Applied Engineering activities including idea generation, requirements, project planning, frameworks, building roadmap, etc.
- Drive the platform design, engineered systems, and delivery of any data and analytics requirements with business groups
- Publish and enforce technology best practices, configuration recommendations, usage design/patterns, and cookbooks to developer community
- Engineer frameworks for reusable services, customization/development required including visualizations
- Coordinate multiple offshore and onshore teams for development, setup and framework rollout activities
- Platform SME and provide Level-3 technical support for troubleshooting
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Hands-on knowledge of the Big Data technologies Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka, Python, Shell Scripts, etc.
- Experience with solution architecture, design, development , and understanding of data life cycle: data acquisition, data quality management, data governance, and metadata management
- Experience with detailed level of data analysis using technical tools; Alteryx, Arcadia, Qlik, Power BI etc.
- Experience in large scale data warehouse implementations and knowledge of ETL technologies such as Informatica, Talend etc.
- Minimum bachelor degree required, master degree preferred. 10+ years of experience in IT environment; 2 to 3 years of experience in relevant Big Data technologies
- Hands-on working experience with one or more Hadoop distribution from Hortonworks, Cloudera or MapR.
- Experience in one or more cloud framework such as Azure PAAS, AWS etc.
- Capable of building, articulating, and presenting new ideas to technical, non-technical, and business communities.
- Possess creativity and innovation skills, demonstrate the ability compare and analyze different tools and technologies, and make appropriate recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.