- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife’s Human Resources (HR) IT team is a high energy, dynamic group of IT professionals. The HRIT team leads transformational programs with numerous initiatives underway to increase work productivity and employee engagement. The Lead Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be working with a close-knit team focused on collective success. The candidate must be a strong analytical problem solver and creative thinker with the ability to ask the right questions to develop a point of view that will influence HR business decisions. The successful candidate will be a disciplined self-starter that works well with internal business partners and software development teams to develop solutions that meet Human Resource business needs.
- Establishes knowledge of business challenges and priorities to identify opportunities and recommend technical solutions with action plans to improve ongoing business operation and over employee experience in ways that add value to MetLife
- Translates the business needs and vision into functionality that align to the overall MetLife ecosystem strategy and roadmap
- Uses agile approach to collaborate across stakeholders and functional teams to recommend solutions to deliver successful digital workplace projects
- Serves as the product owner on development projects to gather, document and analyze requirements for developing and delivering digital workplace capabilities using an agile software development methodology
- Provides leadership throughout the lifecycles of a project, promoting its vision through design and development to ensure project requirements are satisfied
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the Product Owner/Business Analyst role for software development
- Extensive experience in pursuing advanced technologies and designing solutions for business challenges
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires the individual to simultaneously manage several projects, with tight deadlines, while paying attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to articulate and present ideas and solutions in clear and concise fashion to business partners, colleagues, and senior business leaders
- Working knowledge of Human Resource applications and processes supporting Global Workforce Admin, Payroll, Benefits, Talent, Compensation and Absence Management.
- Bachelor of Science or Business Administration degree
- Experience with advanced technologies such as Portal, Chatbot, Search, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Experience with Cloud based solutions and Enterprise Architecture
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills, critical thinking and the ability to effectively work through abstract concepts
- Demonstrable experience of managing large, complex IT projects
- Working experience with TFS/JIRA and other business requirement tools
- Self-motivated with curiosity to understand and investigate what is possible
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior business executives to business domain experts and third parties
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.