- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
We are looking for a Business System Analyst (BSA) who will work with a group of highly experienced BSAs, Lead Developers, Tech Leads and Project Leads/Managers in Delivery organization of Data and Analytics LoB under Digital Office. This BSA will work on requirement management, analysis, design, build, validation, and process improvement. The primary focus will be on using techno-functional expertise, problem-solving techniques to drive agility, reuse, quality, and predictability.
- Support and deliver Group Business projects across IDW and DFSS warehouses and marts
- Acquire Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in MetLife Group Business and associated data flow & data lineage in warehouses and their source & peripheral systems
- Drive ‘reuse’ by, but not limited to, actively contributing to test case repository
- Support business users’ data needs, address their challenges and address queries raised by consumers of data in warehouses and marts
- Assist in resolving issues in Production (Live Data) environment
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Five plus years’ experience in functional role (Business Analyst, Business Liaison)
- Demonstrated experience in writing and deciphering complex and ‘large’ SQL queries, authoring BRD/FRD, creating Visio diagrams to explain data lineage and assisting in data modeling & ETL design
- Five plus years’ experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence development projects
- Five plus years’ experience in data focused roles (BSA, Data Quality, Analytics)
- Three plus years’ experience in ETL development
- Five plus years’ experience in Insurance Industry
- Experience in big data technologies – Hive, Spark/PySpark,Scoop
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis using DB2 and SQL Server
- Prior development experience with Business Intelligence & Data Visualization Technology such as Cognos, QlikView, and Qlik Sense
- Prior experience in estimating IT projects and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) artifacts
- Demonstrated experience in presenting a solution or root cause analysis to a group of senior business and IT leadership
- Exposure to various supporting tools for Requirement Management, Test Automation, Data Comparison, etc.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.