- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s PowerComponents Division is currently seeking a Lead Electronic Engineer to join ourteam.This position isbased at our Moon Township, PA.
The Lead ElectronicEngineer will design and implement embedded hardware and firmware forelectronic devices, specifically Protective Relays and Energy and Power QualityMeters.
Making what matters workat Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create anenvironment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each andevery day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and grow a technical expertise in embedded hardware and software design and implementation for multi-tasking & RTOS based systems (eg. Linux)
- You will design embedded hardware and software for electronic products to meet or exceed marketing/customer requirements.
- You will qualify the hardware for safety, EMC and UL
- You will define product requirements in terms of functional and nonfunctional engineering requirements in response to the marketing/customer requirements specification.
- You will plan work in detail at design team level, creating a robust and track-able plan.
- You will review own work as well as others work in formal design and quality reviews.
- You will test work, meeting quality and reliability goals.
- You will provide application domain expertise to product support personnel to solve field issues.
When we embrace thedifferent ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we —as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing embedded systems for electronic devices
- Experience in designing digital and analog hardware
- Experience in C as well as Real Time Operating Systems(RTOS)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- No Relocation available. Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Moon Township, PA site.
- Preferred 6 or more years’ experience
- Experience hardware development using ARM Core Processors
- Experience in developing Board Support Packages, device drivers and hardware bringup.
- Experience in developing digital and analog hardware
- Experience in designing FPGA and Power supplies a plus
- Experience and working in Linux and Windows development environments
- Experience in using Digital Oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Experience in using defect tracking systems and code repository
- Experience with UL, IEC and FCC standards
- PC board layout skills.
- EMI knowledge and experience
Position SuccessCriteria :
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team player; experience programming in group projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Leadership skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time