- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Lead Environment Artist. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced candidate for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
This person must have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, and strive to have an effective environment art workflow for production. As an artist, this person must have a passion for creating inspiring and compelling in-game worlds.
• Lead the development of high quality AAA environments
• Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture and technical guidance within the Environment Art Team, through training, mentoring, and reviewing assets for quality
• Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
• Prioritize, plan and organize their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
• Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
• Identify and set up best practices for the Environment Team;
• Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
• Rapidly integrate strategic changes as needed;
• Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning;
• Manage channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource partners;
• Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
• Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the project;
• Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
• Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
• Manage individual team member’s performance and progress;
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong portfolio of work demonstrating abilities as an Environment Artist
• Expertise with modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the project;
• Expertise with texture mapping and material;
• Expertise with streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
• 8 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience; 3+ years in a lead role
• Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
• Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.