- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $34,131.00 - $52,554.00 gross per year
The Raleigh Convention and Performing Arts Center is seeking a Lead Housekeeper who will be devoted to all housekeeping functions at the Performing Arts Center. This will include work in all theaters, restrooms, and lobby areas. This work is performed in multiple shifts up to 7 days a week. The Lead Housekeeper will serve as the crew lead when the Maintenance and Ops Crew Supervisor is not on-duty.
Hiring Range: $34,131.00 (Promotional Hiring Range may vary)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general maintenance supporting the housekeeping functions for all venues in the Performing Arts Center; selects proper cleaning tools and equipment for tasks; performs work following established safety policies and procedures.
- Operates and maintains assigned cleaning equipment; performs inspections to ensure safe operating conditions; cleans and performs preventative maintenance; and monitors need for replacement or advanced repairs.
- Serves as a lead worker for housekeepers assigned to the Performing Arts Center. Assigns tasks, provides direction as needed and ensures proper cleaning of all aspects of the Center.
- Prioritizes and responds to customer requests and addresses issues or cleaning needs; reviews operational issues; Plans, monitors and reviews inventory, resources and materials needs; may work with contract workers or vendors who are performing services within the Performing Arts Center.
- Engages with internal staff and clients as needed to immediately respond to needs. Performs both preventative and long-term housekeeping functions.
- Direct work oversees quantity and quality of work and address client and staff concerns.
- As a lead housekeeper, this position will be expected to address issues as they arise during a shift. In addition, they will serve as the key point of contact for staff and client needs when on-duty. This position will work with internal staff but may also have to be responsive to client needs such as the resident companies within the Performing Arts Center.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED and two years of maintenance experience related to assignment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Basic mathematical concepts.
- Basic filing and record-keeping principles.
- Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Following directions and meeting standards.
- Providing attention to detail in assignments.
- Performing routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Proofreading and error correction.
- Monitoring and maintaining required supplies, materials and inventory.
- Performing basic math calculations.
- Comprehending reference books and manuals.
- Operating assigned tools and equipment.
- Organizing and maintaining records and files.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
ADA and Other Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work is performed in both the field and in an indoor office environment with frequent exposure to hazardous physical conditions (such as mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibration, etc.); frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions (such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.); frequent exposure to hazardous materials (such as chemicals, blood and other body fluids); frequent exposure to environmental conditions (such as disruptive people, imminent danger, or a threatening environment); and moderate exposure to extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, movement restrictions, intense noise or travel.
This job classification description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
- customer service