- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Eden Prairie
In this position, you will be responsible for developing and supporting business solutions to many strategic programs. Primary contributor in designing, coding, and supporting applications which are aligned to the IT strategy, leveraging enterprise components and capabilities, advancing the state of our IT assets, and expanding and improving upon our enterprise engineering strategy. Lead and mentor other developers on the team to provide a consistent experience.
The position also allows for communicating and many different groups in the IT organization and various parts of the business. The team usually works on many small projects instead of a few very large projects to better reduce the monotonous factor and it also critical to identify, design and solve complex problems, while being able to reuse as many of our previous solutions as possible.
- Design, implement and maintain applications within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and QE
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
- Provide technical support and consultation for an application and infrastructure questions
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced developers
- Developing pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Contribute to development team and help to achieve key business objectives
- Contribute to large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working on .NET Technologies (VB, C#, Java or related)
- 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 5+ years of MVC design/development experience
- 4+ years of REST API development
- 3+ years of angular experience
- 2+ years of SQL Server
- Experience leading a team of software developers
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, must be able to work well with teams
- Bachelor's degree OR HS Diploma/GED plus 5+ years equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Windows operating system details in a plus
- Experience working in Agile Methodology
- Experience with Source Control systems (example: TFS/Azure DevOps)
- Experience working in a virtual team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: .Net, MVC, software engineer, C#. Visual Basic, Software Developer, .NET Developer, Lead, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, CT, Eden Prarie, MN, Minnesota