- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
The Phlebotomy Lead will work closely with the area Phlebotomy Supervisor to ensure that daily work of the Patient Service Centers (PSCs)/Mobile (Home Draw)/In-office Phlebotomy (IOP) are completed accurately and on time. The Group Lead will function as a back-up for the Supervisor as necessary and carry out duties in his/her absence.
- Assist with daily operations of all assigned facilities (PSCs/IOPs) and mobile phlebotomy.
- Coordinate work of phlebotomists to assure high quality and service levels.
- Act as coach, mentor, instructor and resource person for new and existing employees.
- Assist in dissemination of information to staff.
- Perform site visits at all assigned PSC's/ IOP's. Perform site audits and ensure all SOPs are followed and Company and Regulatory Agency guidelines are met.
- Maintains required records and paperwork, assists with compilation of monthly data and statistics.
- Helps Supervisor investigates/resolves customer complaints and Company Variances
- Notifies Supervisor of issues/problems requiring resolution.
- Monitor employee performance; provide feedback, corrective action and counseling
- Communicate schedule changes and provide alternate coverage as needed.
- Communicate daily with Supervisor, Co-workers and other depts. To resolve routine issues/problems. Qualifications
Education:Phlebotomy certification.High School Diploma required, Associates Degree, Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of progressive leadership experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in phlebotomy, laboratory or other health care environment
Demonstrated leadership experience.
Customer service in a health care/service environment
Skills:. Excellent phlebotomy skills – pediatric and geriatric, venipuncture and capillary collection.
PC and data entry application experience to include Accessioning.
Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Excellent Customer Service skills both in person and via telephone
About the company