- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Duties and ResponsibilitiesPRIMARY OBJECTIVES: This is a position that supports the activities in a security department by directing the activities of part time security officers and assistants. This position reports to the Director of Security or the Assistant Director. Applicants will promote an atmosphere conducive to learning by enforcing all District policies, State and Municipal criminal statutes as well as safety and security measures to protect campus property and reduce the risk of liability to the college.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews daily time and attendance cards to ensure they accurately reflect the hours worked by the employees.
- Ensure employees are adhering to the policies of the District and department.Ensure employees are trained and are capable of performing their duties.
- Ensure that employees are stationed at all posts and present a proper appearance.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of the District are followed by students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Patrol building and grounds to ensure a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Respond to alarms and/or service calls to ensure appropriate actions are taken by security personnel to mitigate the situation in a positive, safe, professional and correct manner.
- Inspect and take inventory of department equipment and report any discrepancies to the Director of Security or Assistant Director.
- May write reports.
- May affect an arrest.
- Appear in court as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct: Security Officers: Security Assistants
- Must be a full time police officer or have previous police experience with a State or Municipal law enforcement agency.
- One year supervisory experience with a State or Municipal law enforcement agency preferred.
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent, Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of State and Municipal criminal statutes and arrest procedures.
- No criminal convictions.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to handle stressful situation in a tactful, diplomatic and profession manner when dealing with employees, students, faculty, staff or visitors.
- Some working knowledge of computer and the basic application software.Must be self-motivated, prompt and punctual.
- Ability to regularly patrol the entire campus area on foot for a full shift.
- Ability to run or jog for short periods during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to stand at an assigned post for an extended period of time.
- Ability to quickly climb and descend stairs to respond to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to physically restrain and remove a person using appropriate force.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crawl, and reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate all security-related equipment including radios, surveillance cameras, telephones, computers, fire alarm annunciator panel, fire extinguisher, and 2-way radios.
- Ability to drive and operate CCC vehicles.
- Physical ability to perform CPR and first aid, including operating AED equipment.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities under all weather conditions.
Primary Location: District Office
Job Posting: Dec 3, 2019, 3:21:09 PM
- safety and security