- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Think you know Bose? Look closer.
We’ve spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their homes, in cars, planes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Our legendary QuietComfort® noise cancelling headphones, SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth speaker, or Wave® music system may ring a bell with you. Bose relies on exceptional people to create and deliver those products to our customers.
The future of consumer electronics at Bose isn’t just about our award-winning speakers or headphones. It’s about the consumer experience as enabled by product features and service offerings. It’s about making everyday life easier and most enjoyable. It’s about connected products to consumer’s world including social media, entertainment and communications. Helping people reach their fullest human potential – so they can feel more, do more and be more.
At Bose, we’re obsessed with delivering amazing experiences through superior technology and design. When you join our team, you’ll work with Bose products to delight millions of customers around the globe for years to come. This is a unique opportunity to do the most impactful work of your career.
If the prospect of making a positive tangible impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other smart people, then we want to meet you.
The Software and Systems Group (SSG), part of the Consumer Electronics business at Bose, has an immediate need for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test. This role will have the overall responsibility to drive testing operations for the On the Go group. You will be working with a team that has a tradition of creating market leading portable speakers and award winning headphones, including the Soundlink Revolve+, Soundlink Mini, QuiteComfort 35, and SoundSport Free Wireless headphones II. You will partner with Software Development and apply methodologies, define test strategy, appropriate test suites, effective test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner for several products.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical experience that significantly contributes to high product quality. This position combines black and white box testing procedures with a majority focus in leveraging automation methodologies that quickly evaluate low level code stability and operation. You will demonstrate the ability to lead teams, both virtual and local, have solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, operating system software and object-oriented design principles.
· Lead a team to develop and execute routine, smart and focused, manual and automation tests based on identified feature sets to a scheduled plan.
· Oversee all aspects of the project including test planning, release management, metrics and reporting
· Actively work with QA managers and Software development managers to mitigate risks and to ensure software meets quality criteria.
· Lead and mentor team members and coordinate team resources (both local and virtual).
· Superb interpersonal communications skills with technical (both local and virtual) and business professionals
· Engage with our Partners (3rd parties) regarding manual test operational aspects such as test creation, test execution, team meetings, strategic collaboration, etc.
· Ability to balance processes and innovation. Apply enough processes to improve efficiencies and increase predictability without loss of creativity.
· Balanced passion and objectivity.
· Write and execute manual and automated test plans and related test cases.
· Verify features and enhancements using white and black box methodologies
· Investigating and analyzing root causes of technical issues and performance bottlenecks to provide sufficient data to engineering to help pin point problem areas in the system.
· Superior critical and abstract thinking skills, including analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrated capability to comprehend system architecture and understand how they work and fail.
· Possess strong technical skills both functional and non-functional in a CI/CD environment.
· Experience working in a continuous improvement environment.
· Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
· Strong experience in Python, Shell, and C languages.
· Demonstrate strong design and test skills.
· Experience with functional API testing.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Possess the passion and ability for solving intractable problems.
· Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
· Experience working with embedded Linux systems.
· Tools: testrail, jira, confluence, github.
· Strong understanding of Bluethooth, BLE, understanding of WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n).
· Experience with Android, iOS, or other mobile application development or testing.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related equivalent degree, plus 5-7 years of experience in software Quality Assurance.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About the company
At Bose, we have a passion for doing things that are better. We apply the highest level of scientific inquiry and invention to the discovery of new concepts and the development of new products. We create experiences for our customers that are enlightening, unique and delightful. We seek to develop an environment that challenges us to pursue excellence and to reach our fullest human potential.