- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is currently seeking a Lead Thermal Protection System Structural Design Engineer (Level 4) for the XSP Program at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Develops, integrates and documents structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Develops, maintains and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Leads performance, integration and analysis of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Assists with investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under minimal direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
- Experience with Thermal Protection System Environments, materials, and design.
- Experience in structural design process from conceptual layout phase through build-to-package release.
- Experience in Model Based Definition.
- NX CAD and Teamcenter PDM skills.
- Experience in leading a structural design team through product development.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.