- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title:Lecturer/Assistant Professor-NursingPosition Number:008078Full-time or Part-time:Full TimeDepartment:School of Nursing Posting Number:0401203SHRA/EHRA:EHRA (Faculty)Job Category:ProfessionalHiring Range:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMinimum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMaximum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency:Flat RateDescription of primary duties and responsibilities:Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The mission of the School of Nursing at Fayetteville State University is to educate culturally competent, ethical, and caring nurses for a global society. The School of Nursing is committed to educating graduates who will provide evidence-based and patient-centered care…to promote the optimal health of clients throughout the life cycle and in a variety of settings.
Description of Work Continued:Primary Purpose of the Position:
The School of Nursing seeks a committed, scholar and nursing educator, capable of contributing to the continued expansion of the RN-BSN degree program and a four-year generic licensure program. The candidate must be able and willing to teach across curricula. This position is for Spring 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Promotes rapport within the school, campus, and community.
2. Posts and keeps a minimum of 8 office hours per week that are convenient to students who seek assistance with counseling, academic advising, and coursework.
3. Maintains punctuality in meeting assigned classes and clinical.
4. Models professional behavior and standards of practice while in the workplace.
5. Makes recommendations regarding equipment, software purchases, and equipment maintenance contracts.
6. Participates in budget planning process.
7. Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
8. Participates in accreditation reviews and reports.
9. Participates in developing programs, evaluating and revising student policies, organizational framework and revising curricular offerings.
10.Participates in publicizing and disseminating information about the program.
11. Participates in the orientation and advisement of students.
12. Serves as a member of the School of Nursing Committees.
13. Participate in university-wide committees when requested.
14. Serve as a mentor for nursing students.
15. Assists students with course scheduling and provides guidance in their academic and personal development.
16. Develops remediation plans with students.
17. Schedules regular meetings with students who are at risk to be unsuccessful in a course or the nursing program.
18. Implements syllabi, including course requirements and assignments, for students.
19. Participates in the evaluation of curriculum.
20. Develops assigned course and syllabi to reflect the School of Nursing philosophy, theoretical constructs, course description, and objectives and curriculum in conjunction with the nursing Associate Dean.
21. Demonstrates a command of the subject matter.
22. Participate in recruitment events.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:Lecturer position must have an earned MSN from an accredited institution, experience teaching nursing as well as experience teaching online.
Assistant Professor position must have an MSN; an earned doctorate from an accredited institution, an extensive experience teaching nursing as well as experience teaching online. The candidate must also have a publication record sufficient for being eligible for tenure track.
Knowledge skills and abilities:Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; evidence of cooperation and collaboration with staff, administrators, colleagues, and members of the nursing community; curriculum development skills; interest and experience with technology common in nursing practice, education, and online instruction; and knowledge of computer applications commonly used in nursing, academic and administrative fields.
Preferred Qualifications:Special Instructions to Applicants:Closing Date:Open Until Filled:YesAdditional Information for ApplicantsAll new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.
EEO Statement:This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Veteran's StatementFayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a MSN from an accredited institution?
- * Do you have experience teaching nursing as well as experience teaching online courses?
- * Do you possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution?
- * Do you have a strong record of publications and research accomplishments that are related with your field of study? If yes, please describe. (Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document